MetroPCS, presently known as Metro by T-Mobile, is prepaid wireless carrier brand presently owned by T-Mobile. It was established in 1994 and merged with T-Mobile in 2013. Using CDMA, previously it operated the fifth largest mobile telecommunications network in the US.
On September 2018, T-Mobile announced the re-launch of the brand Metro by T-Mobile, with the introduction of new unlimited plans offering bundled features like Amazon Prime and Google One. Moreover, they made it very clear that their aim is to become the first prepaid mobile carrier to provide 5G in 2019.
The payments of your MetroPCS phone can be done online, over the phone, through emails or at the company’s authorized payment centers. You can also set up an automatic mailed payment through your bank. However, you may be charged a convenience fee depending on the payment mode chosen.
The steps to make a MetroPCS payment are as follows:
- Open the official website of MetroPCS
- Go to the Payment section on the website.
- Enter and confirm your T-Mobile Phone Number and select Next
- Enter the payment amount and select Pay
- Select your preferred payment mode and confirm the payment.
The different ways of making a MetroPCS payment are as follows:
- eWallet (Online)
- Text to Pay (Online)
- Auto Pay (Online)
- Express Pay (Online)
- Over the Phone (Offline)
- At a Payment Machine Location (Offline)
- Over the Counter (Offline)
How to process the MetroPCS payment?
Making a MetroPCS payment for the first time? Let’s discuss how to process the payment by the different methods mentioned above.
- eWallet: An eWallet is a secure electronic wallet which can be used to pay your MetroPCS bill online. It can be used to manage credit cards, and add funds to your MetroConnect account, which can be used to buy ringtones, apps, etc. This online method of payment is free of charge.
To sign up for an eWallet account you just need to go to metropcs.com and select the My Account option. Once you sign up for MyAccount, you will be able to create your own secure eWallet.
- Text to Pay: This is an easy alternative way to make you MetroPCS payment. For this, you need to add a debit or credit card to your MetroPCS eWallet service and respond to a text for (729669) PAY NOW to pay your bill. This online method of payment is free of charge.
- Auto Pay: The Auto Pay feature is a recurring payment method using debit or credit card in which the billed amount is deducted five days prior to the due date of the payment. It can be created using your MyAccount at the official website metropcs.com or at MetroPCS authorized centers. This online method of payment is free of charge.
- Express Pay: This is a one-time online payment method. To make your MetroPCS payment by this method you need to login to account on metropcs.com and click on the Manage and Pay option. From the payment modes available select Express Pay. This online method of payment is free of charge.
- Over the Phone: If you want to make the payment by offline methods, you can try doing it over the phone. You just need to dial *99 from your MetroPCS phone or call the customer service at 1-888-863-8768. This offline payment mode comes with a convenience fee of $2.00.
- At a Payment Machine Location: Offline payments can also be done at authorized payment machines by cash or card (credit or debit). For this, you just need your phone number and PIN number. However, this is not available at all MetroPCS locations and charges a convenience fee of $2.00.
- Over the Counter: At the MetroPCS authorized counters the payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card. Paying the bill at the store will charge you a convenience fee of $3.00.
About the company
The company initially started as Metro PCS, when established by Roger Linquist in 1994. It merged with T-Mobile USA in 2013 and the combined company was known as T-Mobile US. The word PCS in the former name stands for the industry term Personal Communication Services.
In 2018, Metro ranked first among the other non-contract full-service carriers in customer experience.
Some additional information
Sometimes MetroPCS payments can be declined due to the following reasons:
- Insufficient funds or exceeded credit card limit
- Any sort of duplicate payment exposure
- Invalid payment information
In case of a declined payment, you need to contact MetroPCS by calling their customer service at 1-888-863-8768 or visit your local MetroPCS center.
You can also read our other bill payment articles related to :
Customer care/some other contact information
Customer Service: 888-863-8768
Premium Handset Protection: 1-866-862-3397
Apart from the number of stores, this prepaid wireless carrier brand also has other ways in which their customers can reach them in case they have any problem. If you cannot make it to the nearby store or if you do not find any store nearby, you can just give them a call. They have two separate contracts, one for the customer services and the other for premium handset protection.
Every MetroPCS account work on a monthly basis. Your account will be activated from the day your service starts and the next payment due date will be sent a month after.MetroPCS sends a monthly text message to the MetroPCS phones each month to let you know the unbilled amount and the payment due date. This information can also be found by signing in to the MetroPCS MyAccount.